- Has been abandoned or orphaned and is without visible means of support
- Lives or works on the street or begs for a living
- Is addicted to a substance and is without support to obtain treatment
- Lives in or is exposed to circumstances which may seriously harm their physical, mental or social well-being
- Is in a state of physical or mental neglect
CHILD & YOUTH CARE CENTRES
SAYes works with the majority of CYCCs in the Western Cape. We are expanding to metropolises throughout South Africa over the next three years. We work closely with the directors, social workers and child and youth care workers at the residential homes to understand their specific needs and policies, whilst also standardising our programme support through a signed Memorandum of Understanding. We know our partners want to improve the care system for young people as much as we do. Together we are working to implement optimal principles of care for youth in transition. We have also enlisted the support of partner homes throughout the country to collect evaluation data with what we hope will become standard tools populating a national database of outcomes for care leavers.